Pages

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Don't Be Chicken

IMG_0007

I whipped this one out in just a few minutes right before the boys' bedtime. They've decided, at least for now, to join me in my daily drawing endeavor, so I let them pick out my drawing subject for the evening. I have this strange obsession with roosters. I don't understand it - I've blogged about it before, so I won't bore you with it again. This was really rather hastily done, and I'm not all that proud of it, but I wanted to post it...first day of Artober and all.

So - Margie is going to play along, and so is Teri (although she always draws everyday - but I'll still claim her). Linda is too, but she's having a scanner problem right now, so she may not get to post today. At least that is her story. My boys and Dr. SmartyPants started out with me, as well...you can see there work over at the Monkey Mama Hoedown.

I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with something a little more finished. I've got 8 more pears to paint, and 3 of them have already got a couple of coats of glaze on them...maybe I'll get another one of those done. We're going camping this weekend, so I'll be drawing then, but not able to post until I get back.

Until tomorrow, peeps...

4 comments:

  1. Great rooster ... is this in the big book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shadow rocks! This is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:31 AM

    Good luck on your daily drawing adventure. Colourful way you've started October with this rooster! I'm looking forward to reading some of your writings and I like that you have a "nom de plume"...a good thing to not reveal ALL in life, it keep the mystery alive.
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun rooster!!

    Did you know October is also the month of the big draw? I joined that also.

    ReplyDelete