Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Like You Berry Much

And I'm so glad that some of you are taking me up on the NaBloPoMo front - and maybe even NaNoWriMo!  Yippee!!

Well, I promised I'd tell my secrets today, so I suppose it is time.  Last year, when I decided to try NaNoWriMo, I was a little nervous about it and wasn't really sure I wanted anyone to know.  I told Dr. SmartyPants because I was afraid he'd  wonder what on earth I was doing with all my time and why didn't he have any clean underwear.  I told Melinda, because I know she thinks I'm insane anyway and I knew I could trust her to keep my secret safe. 

Except she didn't. 

But that's another story. 

And I still love her, anyway.  

So, anyway - I decided to write under the name Dari Malapert and set up an entirely separate blog for NaNoWriMo.  This year, I'm writing under my own name, but I'll be posting any excerpts I decide are worth reading over at Dari's blog, Patois Poppycock.  The excerpts from last year are still there, and shall remain, so if you want to go check them out, feel free.  On November 1, I'll add a link on my sidebar to the Poppycock blog if you want to follow along in the frenzy!

Listen - you really should give it a whirl.  It's fun and nutty and crazy and sleep-depriving, to be sure.  BUT - if you've ever read a novel and thought, "I could write better than that..."  you need to see if it is true!  There are all sorts of tips and tricks at the NaNoWriMo site, and even a book on how to write a novel in 30 day that is extremely useful (and funny.)

In any case - I'm looking forward to November and all the craziness it entails.  I've got another crazy thing on the horizon, but without a firm date yet, I'm not going to announce it.  Just know that it involves much change and I'm ridiculously excited about it.  (And no.  I'm not pregnant.)

4 more days, Artoberites!  Rock on!

11 comments:

  1. Goodness, you ARE full of surprises!! Sounds like fun and I'm going to go check it out.

    I love the colors and composition of these berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I love those berries -- they are just perfectly positioned and the shadows make them pop right out on the page.
    You are CRAZY.
    Are you sure you're not pregnant? Do I know about the other crazy thing on the horizon, and just don't know that I know? Or do I actually remember that I know and can't say -- in other words, is it THAT crazy looming thing? Or some other?

    Hey, you started it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love dose berries 2.
    i get nervous just thinking about these november challenges...eeeekkkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. an award for you on my blog ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda - you know you know. You just don't know you know you know.

    You know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:26 PM

    Hi there I was looking through your blog and I like it, so I would like you to come and visit my blog here in San Diego.

    I want you to come by and enjoy the different labels and music videos I have with the many artistic elements I use in my art blog.

    See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Zany fun ahead - love these berries, they shine and glisten and pop with life (great leaves too)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I knew I knew something new...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll check it out. I always wanted to be a writer when I was a kid. I wanted to write Nancy Drew books.

    Your leaves and berries are really great. Artober has been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just stumbled upon your blog and am thoroughly enjoying you! This a a beautiful piece!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete