Pages

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Knit My Average Art

It rained today. It hasn't rained in about 700 years, I think. It was a beautiful rainy day, too - not too hard - just a light soaking tenderizing kind of rain. Ahhhh.


Anyway - it was a day that called for pajamas as long as we could manage it (we did get dressed to go to guitar lessons, but changed right back to PJs when we got home). It was also a knitting kind of a day. So...that's what I did. At first I thought, well, I should go paint or draw or something, but then I realized - hey...this is ART man!




I've been working on this blanket for Junebug since the spring - I'm not a fast knitter, nor a terribly consistent one. I knit when I watch TV, which is rarely. I knit while I watch the boys' baseball games, but this blankey got too big to haul to the ball park, so it has been on the back burner. It's a cushy blanket - knit with two strands together at the same time so it is nice and thick.
The joke has been that I'll never get it finished because he keeps growing so fast that I have to keep adding to it.
And that is entirely possible.

4 comments:

  1. Yep -- that counts as art! And it WAS a pajama and knitting day ... sigh. The rain was loverly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it's art... and I love your new banner... maybe it's not new, I haven't been around the last couple of weeks. Anyway... I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so jealous that you got to spend the day in your pjs. i love to do that. the blankie looks so nice abd warm and i love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a fast knitter, send it to me and i'll finish it for you, quick quick, then you can do other things in your jammies.

    ReplyDelete