Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Wherefore Art Thou?

Hello, my Artober peeps.  What a weekend!  I am afraid I have no drawings for you today - I'm in process of transferring computer stuff and I haven't been able to scan anything, but I will and I will catch up!  We're in the final two weeks of Artober - I'm excited to see where it takes us!

We had a fantastic weekend.  The Leonardo da Vinci show at the Birmingham (Alabama) Museum of Art was, well, illuminating.  I can't even find the words to describe it - it was just that amazing to see in person.  Steviewren did a wonderful job writing a post about it, so I'll let you go over there and read what she said.  All I can say is, "Ditto."

The Kentuck Festival was great fun, as usual.  It's been many years since I've gone, but it did not disappoint.  It is larger and busier than ever, and I can't help but be inspired to make something really fantastic, now, right?

The boys did great, but started getting a little tired of walking around toward the end.  I passed them my little camera and set them out on a mission to find all the things they really liked and take some interesting pictures.  So, my art for the day is actually theirs...

Enjoy.

150

155

160

163

158

186

I'll be back tomorrow, and I'll post AND catch up on all my commenting then.

Peace.

8 comments:

  1. That looks so much fun. Great pics. from the boy. I do miss BHM and T-Town and Kentuck so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure the boys took these pictures? They have very good eyes. Not surprised, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. D is offended, now. Of course they took them! :-D He took the first few, J took the last one.

    They do have very good eyes, both of them, and are on their way to being really wonderful photographers! Mama is proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not surprising, you have some talented little guys. Great photos Diahn and it looks like it would have been great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like your family had a great time. I bet Kentuck was great. You certainly had the perfect weekend for an outdoor show. I like your idea of letting the kiddos take pictures of things they liked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great stuff, looking forward to seeing yours...hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It DOES look like lots of fun! Impatiently waiting for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow -- they really DO have great eyes for interesting stuff. Tell D I want to talk to him about using that first one for a painting ... (hee hee hee -- did I ask before you did?)
    Glad you're back and that you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete