Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pearpetual

Never ending, everlasting, ceaseless, endless, timeless, pearmenant.

Pear 4

Five more remain. Time to take a break from the pears. I'm starting to feel pearplexed and pearsecuted.

Artober is turning out to not only include my own art, but the art of others as well. The boys and I went with our friends to the Knoxville Museum of Art today and spent a couple of hours wandering through the exhibits, which was lovely. The Ott crew is heading to Birmingham, Alabama, on Thursday evening so we can see the Leondardo da Vinci exhibit at the Birmingham Museum of Art on Friday morning. Then, we are heading down to Tuscaloosa to wander through the park at the Kentuck Art Festival. The Kentuck festival was the first art festival I ever experienced, and 20 years later remains one of the highlights of any year I get to go. I haven't been in a long time, so I'm very much looking forward to getting there and spending the day and seeing all the wonderful things that are displayed.

So - what kind of art have you seen lately? How has it shaped your perspective on life? How have you changed as a result of experiencing it? If you are participating in Artober, or if you had already been drawing daily, how has your daily drawing discipline been? Have you learned anything about yourself or your habits, your strengths and your weaknesses?

The month is nearly half over - I'm going to be thinking about all of those questions, and I'd love to hear all of your input on them - feel free to comment!

Keep drawing, peeps -

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pear!
    Interesting questions... I'm still having to force myself to draw daily. (And even though I didn't post yesterday, I drew -- it was just too awful!) :-D I wonder why I have to force myself to do something that I really enjoy so very much? It makes me think about balance in life and how I, for one, need to stay alert to being in balance. The TV is my weakness ... hmmm.... that may be the topic for a post...

    Great questions! The month is nearly over. I'm going for the rest of the year! (With a couple of planned out of town exceptions...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful color on this! It just jumps off the monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best way I have found to incorporate drawing and painting into my life is to really incorporate it.

    It may not sound artistic, but I get the bulk of my painting done while watching tv. It's not the dream of the artist in her studio with her easel, but it works. I carry my paints with me in a beach bag and sit on the sofa watching America's Next Top Model and painting.

    Also, drawing while watching my kids. They have to be busy doing something else, or will try to get in my drawing and draw on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel that my art is influenced by everything -- the songs on the radio, the books i read, the conversations i have with friends and co-workers. there's always a little bubble of creativity ready to burst forth with a new collage to be done.

    ReplyDelete