Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

What's My Pearpose?

Okay, I know I'm stretching it a bit with these "pear" titles, but a girl has to have a little fun somewhere, doesn't she?

Pear 3

I beat this pear into submission after it went horribly wrong a few days ago. My brand new Jerry's supplies were just what I needed to make it work, I guess. I'm not as pleased with this one as I am with the last two. This is the perfect demonstration of why I've never successfully worked in a series. I do a couple and things go well and then all of the sudden - BLAM - something terrible happens and I'm no longer able to make the paint go where I want it to go.

I'm very pleased with this one in one way - I didn't let it grind the whole process to a halt. Maybe the point of doing a series is to work through some things and find a new way of seeing what it is you are painting/drawing/sculpting/photographing. Hmmmmm.

It's interesting. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing where the next 6 pears take me on this little painty journey.

But I need some new titles. Maybe I'll waste invest some time browsing through my thesaurus.

Or I could vacuum.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

3 comments:

  1. Well, it looks pretty much pearfect to me...
    I love it! And that's an interesting thought about the point of doing a series. VERY interesting thought.
    Hmmm.
    Go vacuum. Yeah right. Isn't that what kids are for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting series. Next you can cut them and paint the middles. Call it pearteeth.

    What is vacuuming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could try a new color scheme...maybe pearywinkle would be interesting.

    If you must vacuum, please come here!

    ReplyDelete