Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

If You Leaf Me Now

The leaves were not as showy this past weekend as we had hoped.  Last year the leaves were magnificent, and there were a few standouts this year, but it just seemed that the trees had either dropped their leaves quickly, or had just decided to go a kind of pallid shade of yellow.

The maples, as always, put on the best show, and I stopped on one of our walks to pick up a couple of small leaves to take back to the camper and sketch.  I liked them so much, I put them into my japanese album Moleskine along with the drawing.

So.  November.

Only a few days left in Artober, and I've loved having you all along for the ride.  So much so, that I don't want you to go!  So why don't you join me for one (or both) of the two things I've got planned?

See - November is the month of NaNoWriMo (also known as National Novel Writing Month) and NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month).

nanowrimo_participant_icon_122x244 nablo1108_120x240

I'm doing both.

Because I am obviously insane.

My plan for NaBloPoMo is the same as last year.  I'll post a photo and a thought each day.   If you decide to join in, be sure to come find me and friend me!  The rules are more strict than Artober - in order to qualify for the prizes (and there are prize drawings) you have to actually post once per day, every day in November.

Same with NaNoWriMo - I'd love to be your friend.  Sign up and search for me and be my buddy, okay?  All you have to do is write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.  In November.  You know.  The month of Thanksgiving?  Easy peasy.   You don't actually have to finish the novel - just make it to 50,000 words.

Stay tuned - tomorrow I'll reveal my secret nom de plume under which I wrote last year's NaNoWriMo novel (over 50,000 words, as yet unfinished), and another drawing from my weekend...

7 comments:

  1. Your leaves are fabulous!!

    You know I'll be along for the ride. If I can remember how to get back into nablomo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i am in!!!!! will find out the full details later...have loved artober, thanks so much for having me along for the ride, it's been super fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Glorious leaves, simply stunning !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay ..
    1) I love the leaves. Dang. You're good with leaves, you know!
    2) I love the knitting photo. The fingerless gloves are a great idea -- did you do the pattern?
    3) You are, obviously, insane.
    4) In case you didn't think I was serious about any of the above, particularly #3, I was. Serious, that is.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous leaves Diahn. I will think of those two things. My busy semester just starts. I teach and run a bachelor program. Uhm... may be I can write about that. Later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those leaves are fabulous. Very pretty. I've fallen down on my Artober commitment these last few days. I just haven't been feeling it. You've piqued my interest for November. I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my kind of craziness. I've just found out about the NaNoWriMo thing and was thinking about trying it...if I don't chicken out!

    ReplyDelete