Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Bird in the Moleskine


Bird in Colored Pencil, originally uploaded by diahn.

is worth two in the bush, no?

Dr. SmartyPants walked in just as I started this post, so I'll keep it short. We're off to pick up the camper so we can get it ready to leave on Thursday.

I picked up some cheap colored pencils at Border's bookstore today, because I really liked the tin they came in. I used one in the Japanese Moleskine and loved the way it turned out. My scanner, on the other hand, HATED it.

This little birdy came around begging for scraps the other day - I took some photos of it - I'm not an adept bird-sketcher, so I have to use tools! Maybe Toni can tell me what kind of little birdy it is...

6 comments:

  1. It's a great sketch. Little birdies are a favorite of mine ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, think it's a great sketch. Everyone I read lately is sketching birds, mostly crows! What's up with that? But yours is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT sketch! Looks like a 'white-crowned sparrow'. We get these in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Diahn
    Great sketch! It is a Sparrow for sure. My first thought like Teri said it is a White Crowned Sparrow. that would depend on the coloring of the top of the head and throat. It could also be a White Throated Sparrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know what it is other than cute and very well drawn. If they say Sparrow I guess Sparrow it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not adept? Gimme a break -- this is awesome! And it is a sparrow...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete