Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Seven Days to March

Crocus 2

I've just peeked at the calendar for the first time in a while - I couldn't stand to know exactly how long it would be February any more.

But there are only seven days left.

Seven days until March, and while I realize that March is still part of winter, there is something about the name that makes me think I can survive it.

March.

It's a verb. It's the only month that is a verb.

That's interesting.

Wait. I'm distracted. Deep breath. Moving on.

Marching...

SO. I'm going to make an honest effort to march into March with my head held high and my spirits ready to rise at the first sign of a crocus peeking through the snow or a forsythia blooming.

I took that photo last year, on March 12. So see? It's not long now...

Here we go...

Seven things I like about winter:

  1. You don't have to work hard to have a good reason for hot chocolate.
  2. My kids' eyes when they see the first snowfall, especially if it came overnight.
  3. Branches bare enough to see the local wildlife.
  4. The smell of wood-burning fireplaces.
  5. Snuggling.
  6. Extra quilts.
  7. It eventually ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment