Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh, Canada

P2187658

I found this leaf on the back steps, drenched in a puddle of meltwater from the snow on the roof, and immediately thought of Vancouver.

Are you watching? ARE YOU? Sorry. I get a little feverish about it. Shaun White! Lindsey Vonn! Shani Davis! Apolooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

And coming up tonight...how will Johnny Weir top the pink tassel and corset-style skating outfit? Could Yevgeny Plushenko be any more eeeevillll? Will Evan Lysacek rock the house? (ooohhh, I hope so...)

Oh, my goodness. It's a good thing it only lasts two weeks, or I'd never leave my house.

Actually, we did leave the house today for a little while. We headed over to the library to return my (late) books, then walked to the mall to treat the boys to a little golden arches luncheon. It was sunny today, and the light felt so good on my face, even with the frigid wind. When we got back to the house, we found this...

P2187626

Uh. Crud.  I guess the three feet of solid ice is a bit much for the aluminum gutter, hmmm? Every other house on our block has the same problem.

Too much water...not enough sun...

kind of like me...

No comments:

Post a Comment