Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Five Days to March

Raven_0001

I am almost incapable of watching television without having something else going on. Sometimes I knit, sometimes I read, sometimes I surf the web, sometimes I draw.

Sometimes I draw strange ravens with lots and lots of squiggly lines.

It means I miss important Olympic moments, sometimes.

But that's why I have a DVR. So I can rewind, catch the fabulousness, and then skip the commercials.

***************************
The boys and I went outside yesterday. Outside! In the world! Where there was air and sunshine (sorta). It was very strange. It was very wet and still snowy and we just didn't care. I took a photo or 100, a couple of which you can see over at quirk.

Go, see what you've been missing, follow us and see what we're up to. Oooh. I just ended a sentence with TWO prepositions.

I'm awesome that way.

We're going to open quirk up to other photographers in April, and are looking for folks to play along. If you are a photographer who is looking for a project to stretch you a little, and are able to commit to posting a picture a day for one entire month, please send me an email, at diahnott (at) gmail (dot) com, with "quirk" in the subject line. We'll want to see some samples of your photography, so add a link to a blog or Flickr account in the body of the message. A Flickr account will be required for participation in the blog, but if you don't already have one, its a free account, and it makes posting easy and consistent.

We're thinking that we'll have two additional photographers each month, so once we get a few on board, we'll split up the names so we don't exceed that number. If there is a particular month that you know would work best for you, please add that to the email, as well.
********************************
Five things I love about photography:

  1. The moment. And how it freezes.
  2. How simple things can look so majestic when framed just right.
  3. Accessibility - anyone can take a photograph and tell a story.
  4. Artistry - while #3 is true, it still takes an artistic eye to frame something up that makes you gasp.
  5. Pulling out a camera in a public place instantly makes you invisible. It's true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment