Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Random Rambling Remarks


Rambling Random Remarks

Remarkable Random Ramblings

Or something like that...

*******

Hello, peeps. It's Monday. It's a new week. It's a new blog post. I have things to say, and no category in which to contain them. Follow along, if you can...

**************

First - coolness - if you are a geeky font lover like me. Create your own font, based on your handwriting, by going to Font Capture. Super easy - and free - what could be better? While it obviously differs from my actual handwriting - it's still pretty cool...
****************************

IMG_0001

Second - Does anyone besides me remember Blind Contour Fridays? I always enjoyed them so much, and they kind of faded away a couple of years ago, but I'm thinking of reviving them. I tried to contact Niff and Sutter, who used to host them, but never heard back, so I'm taking that as consent. If, after a while, they have a problem with it, they can let me know and I'll cease and desist, but until then...let's give it a go, shall we?

Here's the thing - I'll get it all set up and ready for you and then on Friday, you come here and add your link to Mr. Linky (assuming I figure out how it works) and post your drawing on your own blog, then we all get together and ooh and ahh over our amazingness. Here's a little blind contour lesson set up for those who don't know what the heck I'm talking about. So...between now and Friday...stretch those drawing muscles out a bit and make a blind contour drawing of...whatever you want. Your hand...your face...your car...someone else's car...a leaf...whatever...I'm leaving it totally up to you.

Oh, dang. I just ran out of ellipses. I can no longer punctuate my post.

********************************************************

And C. Or Three. Or Third. Whatever.

I'd very much like to start a regular, weekly Etsy feature on this blog. I'm constantly amazed at the depth of talent on Etsy, and would love to play even a small part in getting some of those fabulous and gifted artists a little more recognition. I'm planning on starting on Thursday, with an artist that many of you know, but maybe some of you don't - so be sure to check back here to see who it is!

If you have an Etsy shop that you'd like to have featured, please send me an email at diahnott (at) gmail (dot) com with working links to your shop and to your blog, if you have one.

*****************************************************************************************

Lastly?

Uhhh.

Oh, look! Something shiny! Er. Furry!

photo-4

5 comments:

  1. being a rambly sort of girl myself, I totally enjoyed this.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-D I DO remember blind contour Friday! You might be onto something here ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blind contour drawings sound fun...I'll give them a whirl...love this post...the way you've abandoned yourself to the use of the ellipses...you know I never met an ellipses I didn't like...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup - I'm a blogtor as well...

    Octavius arrived today, and THANK YOU. I've admired your pen, ink and gouache birds from afar (after all, I am a starving artist), but now I have one of my own to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh shiny! ;)

    we did a few blind contour drawings in college a few weeks a go. could hardly tell they were human :p

    ReplyDelete