Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pining for the Fjords

Cones
pencil in storyboard Moleskine

Please tell me that some Monty Python fans visit here sometimes and that you know the skit that today's post title comes from. That would make me so happy.


Almost as happy as not having ended the first sentence with a preposition.

***************
Well, good morning to you all - it's the second day in a row here without rain, although there are a few too many clouds in the sky and that makes me nervous.

I'm getting a bit antsy anyway, because it seems to me that lately I've not found any time to sit down and bust out a drawing or a painting. Really. There just aren't enough hours in the day for the me to get all the stuff done I want to get done, I need to get done AND fiddle with all my time-wasting activities.

That just doesn't seem fair.

I've been trying to multi-task by playing ChainRxn while supervising homeschooling activities, but the boys have started pelting me with used kleenex to signal their displeasure, so that's not working. Then, I tried to play Guitar Rock 2 on my iPhone while cooking supper, but, well, some things are just better not combined.

sigh.

I guess I'll just have to wean myself off the electronics for a week or two and see if I can get some creative space.

Or I could ditch the kids.

Hmmm...

6 comments:

  1. My psychic friend! Watched the Holy Grail last night and posted a quote from the movie on facebook...it's always fun to see the fans that come out of the woodwork...or cyberspace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a dead parrot! If it wasn't nailed to the perch it would be pushing up daisies!

    I knew my husband was the man for me when our first online chat included a full hour of MP one-liners thrown back and forth. I never laughed so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, Monty Python. Pure awesomeness.

    Do you also watch Fawlty Towers with Python man John Cleese? Highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well kids probably do go for a nice little sum of money on auction sites :p or garage sales work too :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm watching the IFC documentaries about the Pythons right now so your blog title made me smile -- as did you art! beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...or assign the kids 'homework' involving these time-wasting activities. How about having each one write something for the blog???

    Deborah
    (former home schooling mom)

    ReplyDelete