Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Blind Contour Friday - Week 2


Welcome back, my friends! I hope you all stopped and took a little time this week to really observe the world around you and that you all found something to look at so intensely, you could draw it without looking at your paper...

I did. I actually made a few blind contour drawings this week, but this one just seemed to take me into that lovely right brained, time-lapse zone, so I decided it was the one I would share. It's the old standby - the model I always have with me...

Blind Contour Hand

With a little prodding from Connie, I decided to give you all a link that I've found very useful, especially when I am just feeling uninspired about what, exactly, to draw. The Everyday Matters Yahoo group is a virtual cornucopia of creativity. There are people from all walks of life, artistic skill levels and backgrounds there, and they share their art and their desire to make art a part of, well, every day. The group was inspired by the book, Everyday Matters, by Danny Gregory, which you should all read if you haven't yet.

Anyway - they've had a list of prompts going on for 244 weeks, now, and they are all listed at Karen Winters's blog, The Creative Journey. Use it as a jumping off point to help decide what to draw, but don't feel like you have to go in order or anything - just find a subject and go for it.

I'd like to give a special thanks to everyone who played along last week - you all were wonderful! I hope you don't mind, but I've put together a little snippet of a mosaic of them...

Bottom Row: Zelma, Connie, Florence, Me

Remember to add the link to your Blind Contour Friday post to Mr. Linky down there, so we can all come see your fabulous drawing, and please remember to link your post back here, so others can find us and play along.

And - while it isn't required that you leave me a comment, please feel free to - I heart comments...

Really. I heart comments.