Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fair Dinkum

Koala
Sketched from taxidermic specimen. Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.

This is as far as I could get while wandering the museum with the boys a couple of weeks ago. They bounce like pinballs through the mammal hall, shouting "LOOK" at the peak of their volumes.

*********************
I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail last night. I laughed until I snorted.

Then I marveled at Terry Gilliam's illustrations/animations and was in awe all over again at the pure genius behind them.
***************************
I'm feeling very random and disjointed this week. Can you tell? I hope to pull it together very soon. I don't like it.

Not one bit.
********************************
I did laundry every day last week.

Every. Stinking. Day.

Today, I walked down to the laundry area, and couldn't find the washing machine because of all the dirty laundry.

I keep looking around for Rod Serling.
****************************************

4 comments:

  1. disjointed is ok once in awhile... at least I hope it is 'cause I'm there every now and then. Great job on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all that self replicating laundry....it does something to your brain. Maybe it's attack by lost sock or something.

    The good news is it hasn't affected your superb ability to draw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Sketching - GOOD.

    Laundry - BAD.

    I'm forbidden to go anywhere near a washing machine. I flooded a basement apartment once - not ours - and from then on, I get the "STAY AWAY" message. I draw - my wife does the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. boo on laundry!!

    hope the week gets better

    ReplyDelete