Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Children are Nuts

Leaves
pencil and gouache in small storyboard Moleskine

This is a little sketch I did while we were camping last week. I don't know the name of the plant, but it has the most amazingly purply-pink berries that stain little boy's hands as soon as they touch them.

*******

Today was one of those weird days that felt like Monday but wasn't so I was kind of confused and a little deranged and I totally forgot about spelling, but at least I didn't cry.

Like my children did.

Good grief. Is it possible for boys under 10 to have PMS?

**************

But then we broke out The Beatles: Rock Band.

What can be wrong with the world when your 9 year old son is singing "Lucy in the Sky with Diiiiiiiimonds" at the top of his voice and your 8 year old is pounding away on the drums like Ringo?

Well.

Absolutely nothing. That's what.

3 comments:

  1. Your posts always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that version for my nephew the budding drummer. I think it would be fun for the whole family.

    I hope today is much better.

    ReplyDelete