Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Blind Contour Friday - Week 3

Blind Contour Pears

I cannot even believe how dirty my scanner is. Guess I'll be cleaning THAT today.
***********************
Welcome to Blind Contour Friday! I hope you all broke out your pens and paper and played along this week, or that you'll play sometime before next Friday. All you have to do is create your own blind contour drawing, post it on your blog and leave your name and a link to your post in the Mr. Linky there at the bottom of this post.

If you're having trouble thinking of something to draw, you can check this great list of ideas and just pick one. Relax, pick up your pen and S L O W down while you observe what you are drawing carefully.

Please make sure you link your post back here so we can spread the word and add more and more players. If you use Twitter or Facebook, feel free to post it there, as well!


7 comments:

  1. Diahn, I love the pears! I can see this as a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do it? You draw better blind than I do with my eyes open. I'll get mine posted as soon as I get a chance to scan it.

    Happy Blind Contour Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:49 PM

    Hi! I share Stevie's sentiment; this is a wonderful drawing and would make an excellent design for a painting. And to do it so nicely as a contour drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Here we are! I couldn't get this box to open for some reason... Probably 'user error', as it so often is!

    Diahn, I was inspired to do fruit by your pears. Nice. Very nice. As you'll read on my blog, doing these BCDs take me back....

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK you draw a pear, then you move over draw another, go down, another, and then over, another, and then draw a box around it - all without looking?! And it looks this good? Do you peek, Diahn? Come on - fess up! :) At least the box must have been added afterwards, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan - I had one pear. I drew it, then I changed its position and drew it again, and again and again. Each time I changed positions, I look at my paper before I started. At the end I drew the box...while looking.

    Only the pears were done "blind..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally got my offering scanned and linked to you.

    ReplyDelete