Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah

Chicka-dee-dee-dee

 

It doesn't even matter that it's 45 degrees out right now.  It's SPRING, peeps!

We're heading south tomorrow in the hopes that spring has arrived there, weather-wise.  Okay, that's not really why we're heading south, but maybe it will work out anyway.  The Smarty has some work to do, so we're going to go with him and see some friends.  We'd planned to be there the next week anyway, so we'll just stay an extra long time.

It's strange to me to think of not being here for a while.  I've really grown quite fond of our little townhouse and this urban neighborhood.  I've been thinking of writing some blog posts comparing and contrasting the two lifestyles.  Maybe this longish trip will give me the opportunity and the photos to do that.  It's very different, living here and living there, and very difficult for me to favor one over the other.  It almost feels like I'm being unfaithful to my suburban life if I like it better here. 

But right now?  I like it better here

A lot of the reason for that is simple.  It's new.  It's different.  I like change and stepping out to do new and different things.  It's very energetic and active here - unlike the laid back pace of the suburban cul-de-sac on which we usually live.  Is anyone else interested in this?  Maybe I'll just compose blog posts to myself to help me process the differences.

***

IMG_0001 (2)

And, I just have to share this - A little Junebuggy paper collage with crayon.  He says it's a white-headed crow in a corn field.  Thus, the barn and scarecrow. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm interested! And you'd better not get to likin' it too dang much...
    grrrr.
    :-)
    Really -- I totally understand how change can be fun. And you're living in a fun place now, too. If, however, you'd been moved into some of the little one-horse towns I got to live in during the "move once a year" days ... well, let's just say you should count yourself lucky! (Although, in all fairness, those one-horse towns weren't all THAT bad... except for maybe one or two of them...)
    So.
    So There.
    Hmmmph.
    Don't get too comfy.
    But you can still blog about it.
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,and tell J I love his bird! And I love yours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the new piece is great. hope you find the warm weather you're seeking to the south. i, too, like change and since i'm pretty much stuck here in ohio for now, i try to create the change i need be redocorating, etc. it's really all about outlook, right? anyway, i look forward to reading the contrasts!

    white headed crow is very inventive. i think you have a budding artist on your hands!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Junebug has caught on to the bird watching and he's good at it too! He needs to do his own series.

    I'd be interested in reading your comparison of your two lives. Your the lucky one...living the best of both worlds. Enjoy your trip to suburban home.

    ReplyDelete