Pages

Monday, March 09, 2009

Cut it Out

Purdy paper

I'm still enjoying playing with my feathered friends, especially as I've been listening to them chirping outside our OPEN windows, on what have been very spring-like days since Friday.  (I wore my flip-flops yesterday for the first time this year!)

I used my cardinal drawing to make a template and cut the paper pieces needed for this birdie, then used a little gouache to add some shading, words and a branch for him to perch upon.  I may have a few more paper ones before the week is out. 

Let's just see if the warm temperatures continue to inspire me.

1 comment:

  1. I wore my flip flops for the first time this year yesterday too!

    I can't wait to see what else you can do with these birdies! I'm enjoying seeing them in all their reincarnations.

    ReplyDelete