Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Say What?

Blue Bird's call

I tried  a little different technique with this birdie.  Instead of cutting out individual puzzle pieces of paper and fitting them together, I layered pieces one on top of another.  So, that means that I cut out the entire bird shape from the tan underbody of the bird, then added the pink on top (although I cut around the beak and left the tan layer underneath showing through), then the branch, the blue for the upper body and the pink for the feet.  It's kind of cool, because the birdie is in relief against the background.

I also found a pattern in the paper that looked a bit like an eye, and cut out around it and added it on top.  I don't know if I like that or not, but paper cement is permanent, so it's a-staying.

At some point, I'm going to have to get a photo of all of these hanging together.  They look really nice as a group.

A continually growing group...

5 comments:

  1. I'm loving it! You managed to place the design right at the bird's eye, which is very cool indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the birds Diahn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing how you are hanging them together. I love cutting and pasting. There is nothing more relaxing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diahn, I really really really love this bird series. I too would love to see them all framed and hanging to gether. I think you're on to something here.

    ReplyDelete