Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Crow. Redux.

Crow Redux 2

This is probably more fun than a grown woman ought to be having with patterned papers and an Exacto knife, but, well, there you have it.  Another crow.  This time in cut paper collage and gouache.  The actual bird and bubble don't come quite so close to the edges of the paper, by the way, but the paper is 9 x 12 and my scanner is 8 1/2 x 11. 

I heart pretty paper.

And I heart all of you people, internet.  I love how much you love the Spirograph.  And I'm intensely jealous of those of you who not only had one as a child, but whose parents SAVED it and you STILL have it.  And I fully expect to see hypotrochoid doodles from each and every one of you.  And I shouldn't start all my sentences with "and." 

Speaking of cool 70s toys, Melinda is doing a mini-retrospective on them over at Lunar Epilogues.  You should check them out and see what kind of memories they spark.  As an added bonus, you can read some cool poetry and prose.    And hang out with one of my favorite people in the universe.  Who doesn't begin all of her sentences with "and."  I kid you not.

Happy Monday, peeps.

3 comments:

  1. and (hee, hee) i'm loving this done!!!!! the colors and paper patterns are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:26 AM

    Oh I just love his feets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I'm loving the multipaper crow---he's your own creation and I think he's extra special for sure.!

    ReplyDelete