Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Have No Title For This Post

Gully

It was a long day of driving. 

For Dr. SmartyPants. 

I rode, slept, read, computed.  It was a long day of nonsense and foolishness and scenery flashing by.  Somehow, though, I am exhausted.

***

This bird reminds me of my Master's thesis. 

I do not have a Masters in Ornithology.

I have a Master of Science in Structural Geology.  Part of my project involved contour mapping coal layers in Alabama.    This seagull's wings remind me of many long nights with my maps and light table up in the graduate student cubicles in the geology department at The University of Alabama.  It's funny - my favorite part of geology was always the drawing.

Still is.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:14 PM

    Hi how are you? I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

    I have an invitation for you to come and visit my art blog here in San Diego Southern California.

    I started this blog in an attempt at finding a creative way to find new friends, and explore my artistic skills through bloging.

    I hope you will stop by and enjoy the various labels and music videos I design for my art blog.

    See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the effect of using your contour mapping skills on the seagull's wing. And the seagull himself is perfect - he looks like he's about to steal someone's French fry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such wonderful attention to the details in all of your drawings...now I know why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee -- it looks like underwater contour mapping. That's why it is a seagull. See? There are no coincidences!

    ReplyDelete