Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Injustice

This is happening in DC even as we speak...

098

I took this picture about a week and a half ago on the Potomac River, across from the FDR Memorial.  It was the only one blooming in the area - at least 10 days too early.  Bloom watch forecasts the peak bloom period to be between April 1 and April 4.

You want to know the funny part?

I'm in Knoxville.

The boys are required by the school under which we homeschool to take the SAT every year, and this is their week.  (Have I ever mentioned my feelings about standardized, normalized, institutionalized testing?)

Yeah.

We're heading back up on April 4, and by golly, we'll be heading straight for the Tidal Basin.  The luggage can stay in the freaking car. 

Are you kidding me?


5 comments:

  1. Dang. The one good thing about being in DC ... which you aren't. Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neon-Diahn:

    This one of my top 5 things I miss about my DC. I used to run in the Cherry Blossom 10 miler so I could race and see the purdy tress all at the same time.

    Glad you can get back to see them before they whoosh away in the wind.

    -Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous photos. i so hope you don't miss all of it.

    when my kids were in elem school i used to say that the school tried to find a way to force every child into a small 4" x 4" cube. originality and creativity were not rewarded. it did not sit well with creative, rebellious me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture. I went to the cherry blossom festival last year and it was the best time ever. You have inspired me to put a few of those pictures up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to be there, Linda, Tommy and Julie - whatever it takes. Can. Not. Miss. It.

    Thanks, George! I'm looking forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete