Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Everything's Comin' up Crocuses

Crocus WC

The crocuses are making appearances, little purple packages filled with sunshine and hope.  Every time I walk by a clump of them, I have to stop, and point, and ooh and ahh, as if I've never seen them before.  Am I such a pessimist that by the time the crocuses push up out of the soil I've given up all hope of seeing the spring again? 

It would seem that I am.

But with these perennials come shoots of longing and expectation, as I move aside the darkness that covers me, turn my face to the sun and let my soul leap up in anticipation.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:31 PM

    So ... I'm loving the flower and hating you for living somewhere that has them already. It was 25 degrees today and it snowed. Ergh!

    Thanks for at least letting me enjoy spring vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this crocus, It's just charming and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen - don't hate me too much - I'm looking out my window right now at the falling snow...

    Hi Sherry! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pretty! You got the light essence of a crocus just right.

    Ahem. We TOLD you spring would come. It will snow until the first week of April, though. Sorry, but that's the way it is going to be this year, the old people tell me so.

    ReplyDelete