Pages

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

As the Crow Flies

To Crow

More blind contour with additions.  I did this one sitting up in bed last night, after looking through a guide to North American Birds, then added the thought bubble today.

Yes.   I lead an exciting life.

Today was a lovely day.  The sun was shining, the temperature, although cold, was warmer than the last few days.  The boys and I walked to the library after school was done,  then walked to the corner store to buy candy bars for them, and next door to my friendly neighborhood Starbucks.  Even in the cold air, the sun was warming and helped to lift my spirits.  Monday and Tuesday were days of frustration and discouragement, and I needed so badly to get out of the house and just enjoy being.

C'mon, spring...you can do it.

(pretty please?)

6 comments:

  1. Love the bird, and especially the thought bubble. I like thought bubbles...bubbles of thought...bubbly ideas...effervescent, translucent epiphanies...statements in a circular, imagined...er, uhm...bubble, if you will. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me want to try some blind contours. Love the crow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great crow! Loved the story the other day on "veterinarianism" too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda - effervescent, translucent epiphanies?? Holy cow, that's a cool phrase. You should be a writer...oh, wait...you are a writer!

    Steviewren - you should try some! They're very relaxing and meditative. And it helps to peek every now and then.

    Hi Chris! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful crow! Love those claws especially.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. IO probably will no doubt love all your crow things ( I've used them alot too) as they are so wondrful and full of ideas! I liked that one on the paper you hated, very much (robin)

    ReplyDelete