Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Spiro-gyro

Hypotrochoid

While we were at the National Gallery of Art this week,  I spied a little prize that I just had to have.  It is called a Hypotrochoid Art Set, but if you grew up in the 70s, you probably would have called it a Spirograph.  I cannot even begin to describe to you how much I wanted a Spirograph.  I longed for one.  Of course, knowing me, I probably never told anyone how much I wanted one, so of course, I never got one, although I had friends who had them and they let me play occasionally.

So, anyway.  I bought a couple of the Hypotrochoid Art Sets, one for each of the boys. 

Ahem. 

Okay, perhaps one's for them and one's for me.  That's neither here nor there.  I had to test them, to make sure they worked.   What kind of irresponsible parent do you take me for?

And omigosh.  they are so much fun.  It's like twirling around in a big princess skirt, except with pens on paper.

Now, if only I had my scepter of gold and a sparkly tiara...