Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Some Days


Doodlebug in Sunlight, originally uploaded by diahn.

The countdown continues. Three...

More "interesting" August 29 facts...

In 1861, the US Navy captured forts in Hatteras Inlet, North Carolina from the Confederacy.

Hatteras is my favorite place. 

In 1966, The Beatles played their last concert before paying fans at Candlestick Park in San Francisco.

I just went to San Francisco.

In 1898, the Goodyear Tire Company was founded.

I have tires.

Freaky? I think so.

Wait - it gets better...

In 1924, singer Dinah Washington was born.

If you rearrange the letters in her first name, you can spell Diahn. 

I've been to Washington. 

I'm a singer.

Dude.

I took this photo over the weekend on our camping trip. Every now and then, when I cull through the hundreds of pictures I take on such trips (375 in 3 days), I find one like this and it makes me so happy. Everything about it just works for me.

I guess you take 375 photos in 3 days, and 1 is bound to be good, right?

2 comments:

  1. Dude!
    That is totally spooky.
    And the photo rocks.
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's beautiful...counting down with you! Breathe, woman, breathe.

    ReplyDelete