Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Best Birthday Present. Ever.

Tomorrow is Junebug's 7th birthday.  

Yep - exactly 1 week before my 33rd birthday, I had my second son.  It's the gift that keeps on giving.

We're heading out to camp today in honor of his birthday - that was his request instead of having a big party.  (whew.)  So, yesterday, we decided to have a family party for him.  Really - we just didn't want to lug all the pressies in the camper with us.

We took him to his favorite restaurant (Golden Corral.)  (I know.)  (He's almost 7.)  (It could have been McDonald's.)  Then we headed to the mall to Build-a-Bear, 'cause there is nothing this child likes better in the world than a stuffed animal.  Afterwards we headed home for cake and presents.

Junebug's Birthday Party 004

Because (other than stuffed animals) little boys are all about Star Wars, LEGOS and Nascar, that's what he got.

Junebug's Birthday Party 018

He seemed pretty happy with it.  Which is great - because usually, he looks like this:

Junebug's Birthday Party 019

Or sometimes like this:

Junebug's Birthday Party 023

He's kind of like his Mama.  MY mom's nickname for me when I was little was "Stone-face".  And I deserved it.  But, I digress.

Junebug's Nanny and Pop-Pop sent him a Nintendo DS (after he dropped MANY hints.  and suggestions.  and outright begging for one because D got one for his birthday.  and make it blue.)  He was so excited about that gift, that he celebrated a la Michael Phelps.

Minus any muscles.

Junebug's Birthday Party 021

And yes.  We do feed him.

Happy Birthday, Baby - Mama loves you.

P.S.  I'll be back sometime Sunday - we're off to the deep dark, internet-free, no-cell-phone-coverage woods.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, buddy! Hope the weekend is great -- there should be good weather!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beautiful children, Diahn.

    ReplyDelete