Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Five. Uh. Four.



Maple Leaf, originally uploaded by diahn.

Only four days left in my 30s. I've just realized that I share a birthday with John McCain. And Michael Jackson. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm sure it means something. Why can't I share a birthday with Georgia O'Keefe or Sue Monk Kidd?

Well - I do share with Ingrid Bergman. That's good. And Hurricane Katrina. That's bad.

I'll try to share some more fascinating birthday facts with you over the next four days. Aren't you never going to read again excited?

We went camping over the weekend and had a great time. I even found the energy to draw a few things here and there. Like this holy, or rather - hole-y leaf. It was very meditative and made me realize how long it has been since I have drawn anything at all. Time to tone up those sketching muscles again, I think.

I have a few more sketches to share with you over the week, as well.  But I'm going to leave you with this one by D.  He sat down right next to me while I was sketching the maple leaf, and decided to join in...


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday... a bit early, I'm usually late. Love the leaf. I hear what you're saying about not drawing enough. I'm sorting in my studio and came across two boxes full of old sketch books... I need to get back to doing that daily rather than the slow careful drawing I've been doing... no, make that in addition to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, 40 is a great age to turn. I actually found turning 30 was way worse :)
    I am happy to see these wonderful sketches. Both of them. That leaf is fab!

    HB almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forty is fine, I think fifty sounds like a biggie though - can't believe I've only got four years to go! :( Lovely drawing, keep it up! D's drawing is super, with shadows too - he must have a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Doesn't look like you missed a beat ... and D did an awesome job, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drum roll.....for the count down. I never realize that there are info. trailing behind each B-days. Yours are sure funny. Beautiful leaf by both you and D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane this is wonderful, great color!!!

    ReplyDelete