Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

ONE

When I woke up this morning, I heard D whispering to Dr. SmartyPants, "Mom's birthday is TOMORROW.  She'll be 40!"  Dr. SmartyPants whispered back, "Are you sure?  I think she's just 25."  Now you see WHY he's such a smarty.

I can't say I slept well, though.  This boy decided that I had a better spot in the bed than he did, and he tried to take it from me.

Sleeping Oscar

Now, I have to say that I love this dog, but some things are sacred.  As in the sacred sleeping spot upon which I lie.  Do not mess with that spot, dog.

Oscar Nostrils

You may be asking, "Why would a woman allow a dog in her bed at all?"  

Reclining Oscar
And the answer would be, "He's very snuggly.  Don't judge me."

Oscar

On to the irrelevant fascinating August 29 facts:

On August 29 in 1628, John Granville, 1st Earl of Bath (English royalist statesman d. 1701) was born.

Hello.  I take baths. 
That dog needs a bath.

I tell ya - these "coincidences" are beginning to creep me out a little.

2 comments:

  1. You like baths. The dog needs a bath. "D" stands for dog -- "D" stands for Diahn -- "D" stands for the "Day" in Happy Birth"Day". You never dated any guys named "Earl", did you?

    You should be featured on the Twilight Zone ... It is totally creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In truth, the lack of fanfare on your 40th birthday is astounding. It DOES seem like the earth should split wide open, rolling dark clouds should gather on the horizon and you break your hip on your way out of bed on that fateful day...but alas, your kids'll probably take you to Golden Corral, your husband will buy you an amazing gift and you will be treated like the royalty that you are! Happy early, wonderful, fortieth birthday, beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete