Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm 40. And 1 Day.

I know I promised to not obsess, and really - I'm not - but I thought since I tortured you all through the process of turning 40, I'd at least let you see that I'm hanging in there.  I haven't broken a hip yet, my hair is still pink and I have all my teeth except the ones I voluntarily let be removed in order to augment the orthodontist's needs.

I had a really nice day yesterday.  The boys were extra sweet, they gave me a gift certificate for a spa pedicure at my favorite salon and made me my favorite kind of cake.  Krispy Kreme Chocolate Glazed Donuts.

My cake...by request

They took me to Wasabi, a local Japanese Steakhouse for dinner and we pigged out on steak and shrimp and all the goodies that go with it.

Dr. SmartyPants arranged it all, of course, and I got to pick up my birthday present today.

Happy Birthday to Me

Dang, it's my new 'stang

I let him drive

Self Portrait with Mustang

He is SO getting lucky tonight.



9 comments:

  1. NO WAY!!!!
    I wanna go for a riiiide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must be hermanas!!!! You have pink hair, I had blue...you love to camp..me too. I have a 'casita and so do you (don't you love it)...and you've got a hot car...so do I....AND at your age I was driving a very cool red 66 mustang. We are the coolest gals aren't we? oh, and we both have very hot lucky guys!!!! Happy birthday!!! You are so going to love your 40's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruh-roh...I smell trouble. The last time you had a convertible, you RUN OFT to Dallas and divorced your husband. Not exactly like that, I know, but it does sound cool, doesn't it?

    Sweet, sweet car! Sounds like a perfect 40th birthday, wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, but I LIKE this husband...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky girl! And you're a gorgeous 40 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fantastic present. I love the Mustang too. Yours are so cool with the Crimson Tide plate... I graduated from UA ya know. Yeah... more Confetti please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ai - I didn't know you graduated from UA!! When? I got my B.S. in '94 and my M.S. in 96 - both at Alabama. And that's where Dr. SmartyPants and I met when he was a post-Doc and I was a Ph.D. student.

    (insert "It's a Small World" music here...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:12 PM

    Happy Birthday!! a little late. You have probably realized by now that 40 isn't so bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diahn, I graduated on Dec 2001. I did a Ph.D there before heading back to Thailand to teach. May be we might have crossed path. Roll Tide.

    ReplyDelete