Pages

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Where the Boys Are

Sweet boys
I live in a house of boys. I'm the only girl. Even the dogs are boys. We used to have a female cat, but she died about a year and a half ago. I alone produce estrogen here.
Now, I have to say that I don't really mind it.
  1. I get to be special without even trying, simply by being different from the rest, and
  2. I've always liked boys. Not just in the sense that girls like boys, but in the sense that boys are cool. They are loud and over-the-top and funny and they have awesome toys. I always had boy friends, until they got girlfriends and then their girlfriends didn't want their boyfriends to have girl friends. sigh.
The downside to all this testosterone is that sometimes I forget how to be a girl. You know - those things that make girls, well, girly. I've never been a terribly girly-girl, but I like a good mani-pedi as much as the next chica. I don't think I've had one in over a year. I am long overdue for a highlight. I am running dreadfully low on pink accessories.
Instead, I've learned the ins and outs of baseball and basketball. I follow (and care about) the Formula 1 season. (Yay, Kimi!!) I think engines are Suh-Weet! Legos and Hot Wheels are my favorite toys.
Strange boys
And you know what?
I think that's just fine.

6 comments:

  1. You are funny! I had two older brothers so I can relate to a lot of what you said. However, I had two girls and one boy so the girls definitely outnumbered the boys. :)

    Nice looking family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I have brothers and now I have sons. I wouldn't want to be a girly girl anyway! Kimi, huh? Guess it's been a good year for you - I'm backing Lewis! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a perfect balance. A girl who likes guys, but every bit a woman. I hear ya' roar...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys are fun! I have two also now grown and married. No girls. Oh wait two wonderful daughter in laws.
    You have a wonderful, adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect photo of your boys! And I don't think all that testosterone has diminished your estrogenic leanings at all. If you need a pedicure, give me a holler -- I'm with you, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I had to go google Formula 1 and Kimi, by the way.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete