Pages

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The More Things Change...


Fall Break Trip 053, originally uploaded by diahn.

...the more they stay the same, no?

It's funny. At the beginning of the month, I decided I would spend November blogging thoughts on the year and highlighting photography, rather than other types of art, in hopes that it would take away the stress of having to make sure I had a DRAWING to post every day. It's been a nice change, I think (and I hope you think so, too). I'm not abandoning my drawing or painting - just shifting my focus for a month or so. Change is good. I like it.

Of course, in reality, it hasn't lessened my (self-induced, OCD) stress on bit. Now, instead of obsessing over which drawing or painting I'm going to post, I obsess over which photograph to post. I find myself wandering around the neighborhood with my camera at hand just in case I see something amazing that I have to blog about. I spend all this time going through pictures I already have taken, hoping to come across a masterpiece that I forgot about.

Then I worry that my writing won't convey what I really want to get across.

Then I realize I've been sitting in front of my laptop for an hour staring at the screen while drool runs out the side of my mouth and I have no post to show for all my anxiety.

Yes. I am just that sad. But - here's the good part. It's getting better. Doing it every day means that I get just a little bit LESS obsessive about every post. It means I am willing to accept that this is a darn good photograph and people might enjoy it.

And THAT is a very good change.

6 comments:

  1. Selfishly, I enjoy that you're posting everyday. I look forward to your wonderful pictures and your philosophical blogs. And it is all about me, right? Isn't it?....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, we are more alike than I ever knew. OCD is my middle name and now I find out it is yours also.

    You photos are beautiful and your words are so interesting. It's going to be a great month. Although I miss your art :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you're doing photos. It helps take the pressure off ...
    ;-D PLUS they're awesome pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one Gorgeous photo. I undertsand some of the things you have blogged about. I found you at NoBlPoMo or whatever it is in case you are wondering. You are very talented girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading these posts and getting to know you a little more. I have OCD too but I'm also getting a bit more relaxed about the posts! Good thing too, I thought I was the only one that took ages to write anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your commiseration, ladies. The OCD is kept on a short leash most of the time, but it's amazing how fast it can derail you. Challenges like these certainly help!

    Mo...of course it is all about you, dear. What would you like me to post about on Friday? :D

    And Hi, Kelly - always nice to meet a new blogger - I'm heading over to check out yours, now!

    ReplyDelete