Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Stockings Were Hung


Christmas 019, originally uploaded by diahn.


No drawing today - sorry - I started one last night, but didn't finish it, and today isn't looking like it's going to happen. I'm off to the oral surgeon in an hour or so and expect to spend the rest of the day in a distant land called Versed. In a couple of weeks, you will be able to call me "brace face" or "metal mouth", until then, you can call me "hillbilly..."

I made these stockings a couple of years ago with raw canvas. I cut out the pattern, painted them, then sewed them together and glued on the pom pom fringe. It was all pretty easy, except the turning them inside out part - I used regular (craft) acrylic paint, and it stiffens up so much, I didn't think I'd ever get them turned! But they finally worked, and they are hanging from the mantle now...ready for some goodies...

2 comments:

  1. Cool. I think you should try and do a self portrait this evening.
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm guessing you are in la la land right now dreaming of painting.

    Linda-lol

    ReplyDelete