Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas in Whoville


Christmas in Whoville, originally uploaded by diahn.
pencil and inktense in large Moleskine sketchbook


I bought this little metal Christmas tree at a local discount store a few weeks ago - it cost me about $3, I think. It stands about 10 inches hight and is shiny and sparkly - the base is covered with glitter, and the jingle bells really jingle.

It sits on the pedestal sink in my guest bath and is just adorable. It reminds me of the tree the Grinch stuffed up the chimney in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." I need a miniature Cindy Lou Who to stand next to it.

Have I mentioned that I love Christmas?

I was going to wrap presents this morning while the boys were at school, but SOMEONE forgot to open the secret hiding place for me, so there are still NO presents under the tree. (Thanks a lot Ron-OLD).

Oh, I'm going to get such mileage out of that one...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:23 PM

    I love your series of Christmas decorations - and share your love of all things Christmas! How did you get those spots on the tree? Please keep sharing....
    Shirley
    http://www.paperandthreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that tree is absolutely adorable!!!!!!! it is the Grinch tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoville! It DOES look like it belongs there! How wonderful!

    (Ron-OLD ... snicker snicker)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little sketch: love the border line too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful sketch....it wants to remind me a little of carnival in Venice?
    ronell

    ReplyDelete