Pages

Sunday, December 02, 2007

J's Ornament


J's Ornament, originally uploaded by diahn.


And because I did D's ornament yesterday, here is J's from this year. It looks kind of like a cross between an armadillo and a lizard, with a springy tail and a bouncy head. I didn't manage to get the metal look across on this painting, unfortunately - I think because I painted it half before church and half after church and I forgot that I was going to save some whites...

BTW - J stood over my shoulder the entire time I did this and watched and asked questions and then told me I was the best artist in the whole world.

Now that kind of critique I can handle...

5 comments:

  1. Yeah -- great critique! I'll bet your Christmas tree is fun.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and unique ornament. Love that critique!! He's right of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have fascinating ornaments, and that's a critique to cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving these ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a funny little critter! bet your tree is loads of fun. love the way you handled the shadow on this.

    ReplyDelete