Pages

Monday, December 03, 2007

Rocking Horse


Rocking Horse, originally uploaded by diahn.


This ornament represents the start of my obsession with Christmas ornaments. I bought it at a school craft fair when I was in the sixth grade, with money I had saved from babysitting neighbor kids. I don't even know what it is made of - it's light but rigid and painted with a silver metallic paint.

I still remember picking it out at the little store they had set up. I think I was supposed to be buying something for my brother and sister...

The obsession continues to this day - I love Christmas ornaments and decorations and lights and...and...and...my husband has cut me off this year. I actually NEED a new tree - I can't fit all my ornaments on the one we have. I NEED one just for my blown glass ornaments. Come on - you understand, don't you?

I can stop anytime I want...

3 comments:

  1. Diahn!! I LOVE your new banner!! It might not be so new, I'm not sure, since it's been a while since I visited, but it's new to me. and I am so delighted by your recent sketches and paintings. You obviously are doing something very right---your work just keeps getting better and better. Congratulations, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he -- or should I say -- ho ho ho! Who knew you had that obsession? And that it could last for so long! uh, not that sixth grade was that long ago. Nope. Not long ago at all. I would go so far as to call this a recent obsession.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized, after reading your thoughts for a month straight, I am getting to know you. And it is great! You are such a neat person. Of course we were separated at birth and all :)

    ReplyDelete