Pages

Friday, December 21, 2007

Peanut Butter Blossoms

Peanut Butter Blossoms

ink and water soluble crayons in large Moleskine sketchbook

D and I made these earlier in the week. J was off playing at his friend's house for the afternoon, so he didn't get to participate in the making, although he did enjoy the eating. Today was the first day I've felt like eating a cookie, so I sat down with them and took a bite and started drawing. They really are quite delicious. You can find the recipe at Hershey's website. Yummm.

On an art materials note - I really like how the water soluble crayons behave in this sketchbook. Watercolors have always proved difficult to handle on the slick Moleskine paper, but I've been using both Lyra and Neocolor II crayons with great success. I use my water brush and take the color right off the tip of the crayon (as if they were pan watercolors), then either mix it in the top of the tin or apply it directly to the paper. I saw where Kate Johnson had done that on a recent trip when she lost her watercolor palette, and thought I'd give it a whirl.

And I just wanted to say thanks for all the sympathy - it's been much appreciated. It's hard to accept sympathy for something that I've elected to have done, and in 24 months I certainly won't need any sympathy 'cause my teeth'll be so purty...

I'll try to not whine too much in the meantime.

Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Very charming drawing. I had to go to the website to print the recipe because they look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you to know i enjoyed all your ornament sketches. I'll have to get some of these watercolor crayons and try them out.

    Hope you are feeling better soon. My husband went through what you are doing two years ago. Worth it in the end.

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:51 PM

    Teeth are pain, I have implants a few years ago now I'm bionic. On one level I can understand not feeling like eating a cooking. Peronally, I can't imange it. These are adorable.

    janey
    http://janeysjourney.com

    ReplyDelete