Pages

Monday, December 10, 2007

Flying Santa


Flying Santa, originally uploaded by diahn.


This is another ornament I bought for one of the boys, back in 2002. It's a resin ornament, but looks kind of like ceramic. I just love his little joyful face - like I think I would look if I suddenly discovered I could fly. I hung it from my desk lamp to paint it.

I used Dr. Ph. Martin's Radiant Concentrated Water Color - which is WAY concentrated - lordy. I had to go back on the body and add some white acrylic ink after the red just got WAY to dark.

WAY.

5 comments:

  1. great drawing!! I love the face too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he does have a holly jolly face. Interesting about the ink, I have never tried it but those colors are certainly vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wheeee! He looks like he's having FUN! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you said ' I hung from my desk lamp to paint it,' and I thought, wow, she's dedicated! I couldn't imagine why you'd have to do such a thing, but, you know, you go where the spirit takes you ;D.
    Now that I know you didn't have to do gymnastics to make this sketch, I can appreciate it for its charming self alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that would have to be one heck of a sturdy desk lamp...

    :D

    ReplyDelete