Pages

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS!

047

We're continuing our decorating frenzy - cutting and pasting and molding and painting... The boys and I made these "snowflakes" last week with different lengths of paper and some staples. I hung them up on the entry way chandelier and voila! Instant mobile. When they came home from school and walked in, they both went, "Ohhhhhh...wow! Mom - how did you get them up there?" That secret remains mine, lest they decide to hang up some poor playmobil pirate as punishment someday.

We watched "Rudoph's Shiny New Year," last night - a poor substitute for the original, but better than no Christmas programming at all. I decided I should draw Rudolph in my Moleskine while we watched.

Rudy

The boys and I also started making new ornaments out of air dry clay, but they aren't dry yet, so we haven't been able to paint them. As soon as they are painted and dry, I'll take photos - we rolled the clay out like cookie dough and used Christmas cookie cutters to stamp out the shapes. Then the boys decided to use some of my old scrapbooking letter stamps to add our initials to all of them. They should be very fun when they are finished. And then maybe I can get my new tree...a pretty white one that will let my blown glass ornaments sparkle...

sigh.

In the meantime - here's a drawing of my favorite Christmas napkin rings. I got them at Target a couple of years ago in their dollar bins, but I think they are SO cute!!

Napkin Rings

6 comments:

  1. I love the Christmas napkin rings -- and your Rudolph is PERFECT!
    ;-) And how DID you get that mobile up there (D & J are offering me money to find out...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gee, that mobile is so neat. Love Rudolph-he has a sparkle in his eye and the napkin rings look cute also. You are all really in the spirit for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable drawings and I love that mobile!. You take me back to years when my girls were still "little" and we did these things...now I'm waiting for my grandchildren, which won't happen for a few years.....no rush! In the meantime, I'll indulge in Anita's and your(and all the others') Christmas fun with your kids!
    ronell

    ReplyDelete
  4. love rudolph...he's just like I remember him. My kids are too old for "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer"...but nothing says Christmas to me like that holiday TV special. I have a cheezy collection of all the characters from that show...push a button and I hear "silver and gold" sung by none other than yukon cornelius. to his left, sits the abominable showman (bumbles), rudolph and his girlfriend (is it claire?), santa claus himself AND the storyteller snowman, Mr. Burl Ives himself. They all make so incredibly happy that I can barely stand myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait...there is one thing that actually makes me happier than rudolph...and that is, the Heat Miser from "The Year Without a Santa Claus"...I can hear him now..."ba, dum, bum, bum...baaaa, dummm. ba, dum, bum, bum...baaaa, dumm..I'm Mr. Heat Miser, I'm Mr. Sun"...Nothing says Christmas like a firey, red-suited little devilish guy with hair standing straight up, like the Heat Miser. And I think ya' know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait...one more thing..."The Christmas Story" and "It's a Wonderful Life"...now we're talkin' Christmas, baby! With a capital "C"!

    ReplyDelete