Pages

Saturday, December 01, 2007

D's Ornament


D's Ornament, originally uploaded by diahn.


This is a little metal froggie ornament that I got at Target. Every year when I was growing up, my mom would buy us an ornament and put our name and the year on it somewhere. When we grew up and moved out of the house, she gave us all those ornaments for our own trees. I'm doing the same for my boys.

This one is the ornament that I bought for D for 2007. It's fly is on a spring mount, so it jiggles back and forth - I just loved the little bug-eyed expression on it. Why a frog for Christmas? Heck, I don't know - why not? It doesn't have to make sense, does it? It's kind of quirky - he's kind of quirky - it all fits together somehow...

Oh - and does anyone know of any good handwriting books (not calligraphy)? I really need to do something with mine - it's a bit middle schoolish, I think...

4 comments:

  1. And why NOT a Christmas frog?
    :-D I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frog and your sketch are wonderful. It's a great ornament.

    Copies of books on the Palmer cursive method of handwriting are on the web. Do some searches. It's all a matter of practice, so you can simply practice your current handwriting with whatever changes you wish. Yours looks fine to me, and I can do Palmer, calligraphy, and forgeries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am going to love seeing your ornaments.

    your boys are going to have a unique collections when they are older.

    Like Jenny said there are sites on Palmer cursive. Let me know if you don't find any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh too cute! If you change your handwriting, no one will know it's you :) so good to see your fun art.

    Mine is so bad, hubby can never read it but he knows it's mine :)

    ReplyDelete