Pages

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Fish Gotta Swim, Birds Gotta Fly

Red Snapper

Red Snapper. My brother had a band named Red Snapper. I just thought of that. Weird.

Anyway. I drew this fish in Knoxville, too - but this time I broke out some artist supplies instead of using the kids' markers. I colored this with Prismacolor art markers, instead. I'm still not really sure about the lightfastness rating of those, but at least I felt like I was using better stuff. Still, when all was said and done, I liked the dolphin's colors better...but that may just be an actual color thing, rather than a marker thing.

Who knows.

Chickadee

What I do know is that I adore this brown paper with my whole heart. It's a little heavier than I've used in the past, and it feels delicious. It doesn't take a lot of water well, but it isn't terrible, either. The next couple of fish you'll see will demonstrate that for you.

But you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Because I said so, that's why.

And another thing...it is 4:50 pm right now and people? It is just almost dark outside. If that is not a good reason to move to Ecuador, I don't know what is.

At least they have consistent, 12-hour days.

And iguanas.

Ooohh...iguanas.

On brown kraft paper?

Why yes. I believe I will...


No comments:

Post a Comment