Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Capital's Capitol Loves Random Thoughts

Capitol Botanical Gardens

We went to the US Botanic Garden on Friday. It was nice and warm and cozy and humid.

Just the way I like it.

************************************
Last night, or more precisely - this morning, around 1 AM, I heard a strange noise outside my window and decided to investigate. I looked out and saw the gas company truck, with its yellow flashing lights, in front of one of the townhouses across the street.

Yep. Just when you thought it was safe to heat your water.

Ever since this happened in Knoxville, I've been even more paranoid about the potential for gas leaks here. So, I walked downstairs, woke up the boys and had them come up and get in bed with me, as far from the point of gas line entry as I could manage.

The truck was gone when I woke up a few hours later, but this morning, a guy from UtiliQuest is marking utility lines again. I wonder if I'd get a straight answer out of the gas company if I called them? Hm. I think I'll try in a bit.
*************************************
Smarty's plane finally took off and got him to his destination yesterday. Many MANY hours later than was originally scheduled. That fog was crazy yesterday morning, man.
*************************************
Melinda and I texted for about 4 hours yesterday. It's hysterical. She double dog dared me to show it to you, but it isn't quite ready yet.

But it's coming...
*************************************
Wait...the gas company truck is back. Time to figure out WTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment