Pages

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Hibernation

Jakey in snow

Oh, my people.

It's cold.

It's dark.

And I am apparently a mama polar bear.

I've dug into my den and am hard pressed to leave it. I'm sleepy and whiny and headache-y and extremely put-out. All symptoms of The Darkness, as I've come to call it.

I'd never make it in Alaska.

Poor, pitiful me.

On the positive side, I've been napping lately. I like napping. Especially with my napping buddy...

Chico

He's not fond of the cold weather, either.

I had to go to the grocery store today, and the very thought of it was excruciating. My poor children were lectured on how they should behave so that Mama didn't rip their sweet little heads off, and they did a good job of preventing carnage.

Because they're smart like that.

But then a lady got in line behind me at the checkout and she pushed her buggy right up behind me so that I couldn't move.
(excuse me for the following digression - in the southeastern United States, we usually call a shopping cart a "buggy." apparently they are known as "shopping carts" elsewhere in these United States. that is, however, wrong. they are buggies. thank you. don't look at me like that when I say it correctly. digression - out)
I almost hyperventilated right there in the checkout line. I mean - come on - give a girl some space, why don't you? I couldn't even back up to get to the credit card swipey machine. I almost lopped off her head, but I was distracted by the cashier asking me if I had any coupons.

She has no idea how close she came to headlessness.

P.S. I'm trying another commenting system, and so far I like it better - please let me know what you think. I promise not to render you headless, regardless of your opinion...

1 comment:

  1. You are a breath of fresh air. I need your balance about the gripes of life.

    ReplyDelete