Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Last Week of 2009


Birds of DC
Hello, my friends! I hope you all had a fantabulously Merry Christmas and were able to enjoy your family and friends. We had tons of pajama time, Lego-building and Wii-playing. The boys got netbooks, and are well on their way to becoming computing geniuses. I'm hoping they'll learn all about HTML and CSS and make their mama a fabulous blog template that will finally make me happy.

I took a little time away from the family yesterday, wandered around the National Mall and tried to soak in a little vitamin D. It was one of those rare, sunny and warm days that are occasionally gifted upon us, just to get us through the winter. I also managed to swing into Natural History and sketch a couple of birds in the Birds of DC exhibit. It's been a long time since I've drawn anything - too long, really - and that's something I have to stop neglecting. I seem to find a way to fill my day with other tasks - non-creative, mundane, boring and unfortunately necessary tasks.

Anyhow - the new year is upon us - in a few short days it will be 2010. It's hard to believe that a new decade is upon us - the last one flew by in a blur.  This year looks like it will be no different.

I'm starting the process of setting my goals for 2010 - as always leaving it to the last moment, in true procrastinator style. I'll post something about them next week.

Friday is New Year's Day, and will be the first Blind Contour Friday of the new year. I hope you'll continue to play along, and encourage others to do so as well. I kind of took December off, for sanity's sake, but we'll get back to it this week.

Until then...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment