Pages

Monday, September 07, 2009

Laborious Day

Edgar has been searching all day for crustaceans and mollusks, laboring over his task. He'd rather eat crepes with blueberries, but they are harder to come by than sand fleas, so he resigns himself to having a few dozen before heading to the local Starbucks for a discarded mocha and a crust of lemon poppyseed bread.

Edgar

We've had a busy Labor Day around here, as well. Dr. SmartyPants was off work, but working at home, and we started school - which went very well. I'm excited about our year and what wonderful things it holds. Let's just hope the good attitudes hold up all around.

The polling is going well - lots and lots of votes - and there's a pretty clear front-runner. If you haven't voted yet, please go here and do so! Let me GET YOUR ATTENTION RIGHT HERE, THOUGH...

The poll has a place for comments - which I didn't realize when I set it up - and I'm afraid there has been some confusion over where to post your comments in order to be entered to win a print.

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS IN THE BLOG COMMENT SECTION, NOT IN THE POLL COMMENT SECTION!!

If you've already posted in the poll comment section - don't worry about it - I'm accepting those this week, but I'll have to find another solution for the weeks to come. The main problem is that I'm not sure who everyone is in the poll comment section - it doesn't record your information like Blogger does.

SO - if you have posted in the POLL comment section, and there's no contact information - PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK HERE ON FRIDAY FOR THE WINNER. I'll post the winning names, along with their comments, so you can tell who you are.

Sorry for the mishap - my bad - mea culpa and all that. We'll work it out.

7 comments:

  1. Huh. I scotched my bets and commented in both places. Playing it safe, don't you know.
    Edgar is wonderful! Glad you are feeling good about this upcoming school year ... hope it is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that...smart girl...

    And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another really good one, Dian I'm not sure where I commented......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your poll contest idea! Great blog bonus, It makes me want to create a poll right this second, but my brain can't think of anything blogworthy at the moment! Now following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm commenting! You know I have a fondness for the egret. I think I just like the way it sounds when I say the word "egret" with a Monty Python sounding voice. Beautiful plumage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'e's pining for the fjords...

    ReplyDelete