Pages

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Wait a Minute.

Parrot Tulip


See... I thought it was "April showers bring May flowers."  Not "April flowers bring May showers."


The forecast for now through Saturday?  Rain.  Rainy rain rain.  Then?  It's going to rain, did I mention the rain?


I drew this parrot tulip (yes.  look closely.  it is a flower.) from a photo I took at Mount Vernon on a very sunny and warm day a week and a half ago.  It was sunny then. 


I remember the sun.  It's kind of the opposite of rain.


On the bright (sunny, non-rainy) side, it does give me ample time to draw and paint in the studio, and to play around with some different art-making activities.  I've got two or three irons in the fire right now - but you'll have to wait, now won't you? 



1 comment:

  1. rainy and dreary here, too, although the sun peeked out for a few minutes this afternoon! Love the parrot tulip -- fits right in with the bird theme, doesn't it!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete