Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers (Shadow Shot Sun)Day

Shadow Self Portrait
For more Sunday shadows, check out the links at Hey Harriet!

We woke up Saturday morning with no idea what we would do. The weather was nicer than expected and no one wanted to mow the lawn, so I suggested we see how far it was to the coast. I guess everyone was feeling the Mothers Day love, so they played along.

Turns out...it's just an easy 3 hour drive to Ocean City, Maryland. We thought that was completely doable for a day-trip, and we were completely right. We enjoyed a couple of hours lounging around on the beach, a couple of hours roaming the boardwalk, and a leisurely dinner before we headed back.

Next time, we'll either leave much earlier - we were lazy this morning - or just plan an overnight trip. It would not be my choice for a week-long stay...too many people and shops and busy-ness...but it's perfect for a day-trip or a one night stay, and it was just what my winter-weary body needed.

I couldn't have asked for a better Mothers Day present.

Mother's Day, Everyday

10 comments:

  1. Your treasures can't change anything else in the world.

    They're adorable presents, girl!

    Enjoy every minute with them coz time flies tooo fast...to quick!!!

    Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shadow shot! It sounds like a lovely day that you had. Happy Mother's Day to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fun, even if I am envious! (okay, but in a really good way!) They really ARE wonderful guys, aren't they. Hope the rest of your Mother's Day weekend is just as GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful shadow...and a day to treasure in your memory too. Bet those two young guys enjoyed the ocean! We're going to the zoo for mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great day..and great shot to go with it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Mother's Day! Love your shadow shot and the one of you and your guys! Terrific shots! Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. three hours from the ocean sounds like heaven to me!! your shadow shot is superb!! love how i can see your toes and the way your dress is blowing in your shadow!!

    happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it really was a wonderful day! And three hours from the ocean IS heaven. I'm usually more like 10 to 12 away...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this shadow shot on Hey harriet's collage from last week.. had to come buy and tell you how much I LOVE it! Everything about it is simply perfect! And I'm so glad you did exactly what you wanted on Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your shadow shot! I love the way your dress is flowing and the shadow picked it up! Great photo!
    I also enjoyed your soap shadow. Very cool. And I've never seen or tried the cucumber soap from Method. Sounds like I need to!

    ReplyDelete