Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

On Chilling the Heck Out

Pear

Most, if not all, of my drama is self-created.  I hope you all understand that.  I don't.  But I usually catch myself before I lose it entirely.

So.  I am chillin'.  I sat on the couch last night and drew this pear that exists only in my memory.  I started with colored pencils, which were too hard for the paper, then broke out the gouache and just played a bit.  I love how gouache looks on this paper, although the paper really needs to be stretched to keep it from buckling.  Maybe, someday, I'll do that - stretch it and paint and watch the magic.

I'm also counting my blessings, out loud and in print:

  • Dr. SmartyPants is AWESOME.  Seriously.  He came home last night after two nights away, ate supper and then did the dishes.  Plus?  He looks really hot in blue jeans.
  • My children are healthy, creative, funny and amazingly helpful.  They vacuumed their own room yesterday.  Without complaint.  Because vacuum cleaners are cool.  And as far as I can tell, they did a pretty good job.
  • My in-laws are keeping my kids AND THE DOGS for a few days so I can have a break.  They are wonderful people and we miss them and I, personally, can't wait to see them.
  • My next door neighbor has been mowing our front yard in between our visits back to Tennessee.  Just because he wants to help and he's a super nice guy.
  • There are only 5 days left before I get to see Melinda!  And her sweet family!  And eat crawfish!

And oh, so many more...

If only I could remember these and all the rest BEFORE my brain explodes from the minutiae of irritation daily living brings.  Then?

Well.  That'd be about perfect, now, wouldn't it?


***edited:  PLUS - look what my sweet baby J drew for me today.  JUST FOR ME.