Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fritterly

Fritillaria Crown Imperial 

Fritillaria in Gouache

I know it isn't a word.  But it's really fun to say.

Frittlerlyfritterlyfritterly.

Makes my tongue tingle.

The scan doesn't show the colors as well as I had hoped - there's a lot more variation in the orange - from yellow all the way through to a deep red.  Maybe I'll try and take a photo to see if it is any better, but I always have a rough time getting reds to show up well...

***

Wednesday was...

Well.

Folks, it was a crap day.  There.  I've said it.  It really was.  It was one of those days that just takes all the wind out of your sails and punches you in the gut and then pinches your nose really hard just for fun.  I'm not much of a crier, but people...I've been close today.

Was there tragedy and mayhem?  No.  Just life.  Nothing major.  Nothing worth talking about, except as an aftermath kind of note.  It was the kind of day where kids tiptoe around hoping mom isn't going to start yet another long lecture on the reasons we need to remember math facts or how lying never solved an issue and oh my word, do you call that making up your bed?

I can't even blame it on hormones.  It's just that some days, even though I know how incredibly blessed I am to have this life - and believe me - I know it, I'm just weary.

Weary of the laundry and the dishes and the dusting and the ironing and the schoolwork and the dog poop in the backyard.

Weary of the books I read and the drawings I make and the music I play and the blog posts I write and the constant worrying about how I am screwing up my kids.

Just weary.  And maybe a bit whiny.

And very much in need of a vacation.

Just 6 days.  I can hang in there for that, I guess.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah. Ahem ... so okay. Maybe it was the phase of the moon, cause I had the same kind of day. My girl just asked if I was going to be cranky again. Sigh.

    Hope today is better for you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Thanks, Karen - good to know I'm not alone! Lord - I hope today is better, too... (and I hope YOURS is!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautifully painted Diahn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting is gorgeous!
    We all have those days. And like everything else, they pass and then we have the great days when everything moves along perfectly but we only know that because we had those crap days for comparison :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, frittlerly. No, that sounds too happy.
    Sorry about your crap day -- and you CAN hang in for 6 more!
    :-)

    AND your painting ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Wednesday was my Monday. I blamed it on the slugs. FIVE...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann - thank you for the reminder - you are EXACTLY right!

    Linda - it's funny - my Mama Dee has always used "Flitter" as her expletive of choice. I always thought it sounded a bit too cheerful... :-D

    Melinda - Okay - I'm feeling better. I may have had a crap day, but at least there were no slugs. Ewwww...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the days I have every now and then... makes me appreciate the others so much more!

    ReplyDelete